Creamy pastas usually consist of loads of butter and cream, but for the lactose intolerant and dairy-free individuals those pastas are off-limits. Fortunately, you can still enjoy a wide variety of creamy, yet still cream-free, pastas that are just as delicious (if not more so) than their lactose-laden counterparts.
1 of 10 1. Avocado Pasta
- 9 oz uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium avocado, pitted
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- Cook pasta in salted water, according to package directions and drain.
- Add garlic and basil to a food processor and pulse to mince.
- Add lemon juice, oil, avocado, and 1 Tbsp water to the food processor and blend until smooth. If sauce is too thick, add 1 Tbsp water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce into the pasta and stir to combine.
- Garnish with lemon zest, pepper, and fresh basil leaves and serve.