49 Costumes That Turned Heads at Comic Con
Comic Con is huge. It’s one of the biggest events that occur during the year—right up there with E3. For that reason, tons of people go all out by dressing up as their favorite characters. Cosplay, short for costume play, is huge for many people. In fact, for some, it’s their job! They spend thousands of dollars on their costumes so they can look absolutely perfect.
Some people work with metal, purchase wigs, and even wear contacts the whole time they’re at Comic Con just so they can look their best. We gotta say that some people definitely turn heads. We wanted to share with you all the people that made our heads turn! Seeing these characters walk down the hallway was like being completely immersed in our favorite games, movies, and TV shows!
Here are 49 cosplayers who brought comic books and pop culture to life in unimaginable ways.
We can see why this Loki cosplay made people do a double-take. It also makes us wonder what it would be like if Loki had been a woman instead… Not that it matters at all. Either way, this costume is jaw-dropping and the creator is totally deserving of endless praise.
Not to give away any spoilers, but we guess the Loki point is moot now after Avengers: Endgame. If you didn't know, the character Loki is inspired by Norse mythology, along with the rest of the Asgardian cast. Loki is known as a trickster god prone to shape-shifting and enacting revenge on his enemies.
Did you know...
- After her role as First Lady came to an end, Jackie Kennedy went into the publishing business. She became an associate editor at Doubleday and worked mostly on autobiographies. In fact, she was one of two original editors for Michael Jackson's 2009 autobiography Moonwalk, a #1 New York Times bestseller.
- While attending the Grammys in February 2000, Jennifer Lopez stepped out in a green Versace dress that instantly became a phenomenon. The barely-there ensemble had a dramatically low cut that came below JLo’s belly button. It became such a talking point that it was Google’s most popular search query up to that point, and it spurred the company to include images into search results. It became the motivation for Google Images.
- In February 2020, Jeff Bezos bought the most expensive property in California: a $165 million mansion. It was designed for Jack Warner (the former president of Warner Bros. entertainment company). It took a decade to construct (spanning the 1930s and 40s). It comes complete with 9 acres of Beverly Hills land, a main house, a guest house, a tennis court, a golf course, and terraces.
- In the summer of 2007, Joh Hamm became a household name when Mad Men premiered to critical acclaim and strong ratings. Just over a year and a half later, Ellie Kemper stole America's hearts (and Dwight's and Andy's) when she became the new receptionist on The Office. Before they were famous, Hamm was Kemper's high school drama teacher!
- Jackie Kennedy is famous for redecorating and renovating the interior of the White House. Actually, on just her first day, she ordered $50,000 in changes for new rooms for the children and upgrades to the kitchen. She later hosted a tour of the White House for CBS News which was viewed by 56 million people and won her an Emmy Award.