As we mentally prepare ourselves for the midseason finale of Scandal, it’s important to review the craziest, most WTF moments of the season so far. So slip into your silkiest pajamas, grab your giant red wine glasses, and let’s get down to it.
- The President has a new daughter – Mary Mouser (Body of Proof, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day) replaced Madeline Carroll – and she’s got a sex tape! But not just any old sex tape; according to Olivia, it’s “the dirtiest sex tape I’ve ever seen in my entire life.”
- Papa Pope framed Jake for two murders…and the WTF part is the fact that everyone actually believed him. And then Olivia proved he was lying, and she, Jake, and Fitz worked together to catch him and take him to a secret trial, but Papa Pope was one step ahead of everyone (as always) and walked out unscathed…WTF.
- Mellie found out the truth about her son’s death and finally showered and took off those Uggs. R.I.P. Smelly Mellie.
- Fitz attempted to beat a confession out of Jake…But let’s be real here. If there were no handcuffs, Fitz would have lost this fight before it even began.
- When Jake gave Olivia that speech in the first episode that made viewers everywhere blush…you know the one. No further explanation needed. In other words, NSFW.
- Mellie’s “1976” speech. Again, you know the one.
- The scandalous phone call where Fitz explained to Olivia exactly what “hope” meant to him…you know what we’re talking about here.
- We finally got to meet Abby’s abusive ex-husband…and watch as she pulled a gun on him (spoiler: she didn’t shoot). Yay for Abby finally growing a back bone!
- Mellie and Andrew, whom we haven’t seen all season, finally reconciled…and then 10 minutes later he was having an affair with Porta de Rossi’s character?! Color us shocked. We were actually rooting for Mellie having a relationship/affair with a man we thought actually deserved her. Say it ain’t so, Mr. Vice Prez.
- Olivia was kidnapped (and, may we point out, she finally spilled her red wine, which is an even bigger deal) at the end of the midseason finale, which is where tonight's premiere will pick up...
To find out what happens next, tune into CBS Thursdays at 9/8c.