How to Hard Boil Eggs
Hard boiled eggs are a great snack and are easily portable. All you need are eggs, a large saucepan, and water.
- Add whole eggs to the pan and add water till they are covered by 1 inch.
- Slowly bring water to a boil over medium-high heat. When water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat and let sit for 12 minutes.
- Place eggs in a colander and put under cool running water to stop the cooking process. Hardboiled eggs can be stored in the refrigerator or peeled and served immediately.
How to Soft Boil Eggs
To make a great soft boiled egg, you need eggs, a large saucepan and water.
- Place eggs in the saucepan and add cold water until they are covered by an inch of water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then cover and remove from heat and let stand for 1.5- 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
How to Poach an Egg
Poached eggs are best prepared with fresh eggs because their whites hold together better. For poached eggs you’ll need fresh eggs, a saucepan with lid, and a slotted spoon.
- Put a couple of inches of water in the saucepan. Heat water until it barely starts simmering. Work with the eggs one at a time. Crack an egg into a small bowl, place the bowl close to the surface of the water and gently slip the egg into the water.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan. After four minutes the egg whites should be cooked while the yolk remains runny.
- Carefully lift out egg with a slotted spoon and place on plate to serve. Continue this process until you’ve poached each egg.
How to Make Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are a staple for many family get-togethers. Here’s a simple, crowd-pleasing recipe.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- Garnish: paprika
- Hard boil eggs by adding eggs to a saucepan covering them with water and bring them to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Then remove from heat and cover. Let stand for 12 minutes.
- Cool eggs under water.
- Peel eggs by tapping them and removing the shells.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise, remove yolks, and set them aside.
- Mash the yolks in a bowl with mayonnaise.
- Add relish, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir until well incorporated.
- Spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg white halves.
- Garnish with paprika.
How to Make Perfectly Scrambled Eggs
Scrambled eggs are a breakfast staple, but surprisingly easy to mess up. Follow this recipe and no one will ever complain to you about them again.
- 2 eggs
- 7 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl.
- Beat them with a fork, then add in milk, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Coat a skillet in olive oil to prevent sticking and add egg mixture.
- Cook over medium, stirring frequently to help them keep a fluffy texture. Cook 3-5 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your preferred doneness.