It’s the most wonderful time of the year—Black Friday and Cyber Monday!
This year, stores are combining this major sales weekend into one long event. Some are even creating a whole week of major discounts on popular items! There are tons of deals in nearly every store where you can get presents, necessities, and fun toys for a fraction of the cost you’d pay on any other day. Not every store offers the same deals, however. But before you trek to your favorite store to find out you can only save 10%, Wallethub calculated which stores consistently offer the best deals during this season of sales.
Who doesn’t need clothes? Winter is here, and it’s time to throw your tank tops in the back of the closet and get some new sweaters that are stylish and warm.
- Gordmans — 67.4% average discount
- Stage — 64.5% average discount
- J.C. Penny — 60.7% average discount
The semester and school year are coming to a close, but that doesn’t mean people don’t need new computers. Getting a computer during Black Friday or Cyber Monday is much cheaper than any other time of the year. J.C. Penny snags a spot in the top 3 again.
- Kmart — 54.9% average discount
- J.C. Penny — 49% average discount
- Office Depot and OfficeMax — 41.3% average discount
The new 4K televisions are steadily dropping in price, and this Black Friday/Cyber Monday is your chance to get one of your own. Depending on the size, you can get a pretty nice TV for cheap, whether you’re looking for a high-definition or a smart TV. In addition to leading the discount wars, Best Buy is also letting you know the model number before you visit the store.
- Best Buy — 46.4% average discount
- Walmart — 40% average discount
- Target— 35% average discount
Are you looking for a new camera, tablet, pair of headphones, or even smartphone? You may be surprised at who comes out on top when it comes to discounts on electronics and gadgets.
- Fred Meyer — 55% average discount
- Staples — 53.2% average discount
- Shopko — 51.6% average discount
Mixers, microwaves, and more! You can get huge savings on an array of items this Black Friday without driving all over the place, seeing as how J.C. Penny made it into the top spots yet again.
- Stage — 57.5% average discount
- J.C. Penny — 57.3% average discount
- Macy’s — 49.7% average discount
Getting your kids the new hot toy doesn’t have to be expensive. You may think Toys R Us leads the pack with discounts on toys, but it’s surprisingly Fred Meyer and Sam's Club who come away with the best deals.
- Fred Meyer — 47% average discount
- Sam’s Club— 44% average discount
- CVS Pharmacy — 43.1% average discount
Are you looking for a new ring for your wife or a watch for your husband? Jewelry is seeing significant discounts this season, and the top place to go, yet again, is Stage (who also snagged high rankings for apparel and appliances). It's also worth noting that J.C. Penny also scored high points again, but missed the 3rd place spot by less than a percentage point.
- Stage — 77.3% average discount
- Shopko — 74.7% average discount
- Kohl’s — 70.4% average discount