There are hundreds of dating apps on the market today. It can be difficult to sift through all your options, especially when the cost varies so much. Many are free or have free-trial options, but some of the highest-rated dating apps require a subscription. In general, it’s a good idea to pay for online dating apps because your experience is more likely to end in a successful relationship.
Some of the most popular apps, such as OkCupid, allow users access to a wide variety of features for free. You can create a detailed profile with a questionnaire that matches you with others for free, and it’s usually pretty accurate. If you’re not willing to pay for a dating app there are many options for you, but you should consider subscribing to a paid online dating service.
One of the highest-rated apps, eHarmony, requires a subscription to be able to use its services. eHarmony uses a sophisticated algorithm to match people with each other with good success rates. According to the website, someone finds love on eHarmony every 14 minutes. eHarmony offers some free features, but the paid subscription gives you the best perks. Because you’re paying for it, there are fewer creeps browsing to scam or hurt you.
Some other benefits of paying for your dating app is that the profiles you see are more thoroughly organized and monitored. You’re less likely to encounter creepy people or scam artists, so you can feel a little safer in the online dating world. However, free dating apps are also a good option, especially if you’re not looking for something serious or long-term.
Did you know...
- In February 2020, Jeff Bezos bought the most expensive property in California: a $165 million mansion. It was designed for Jack Warner (the former president of Warner Bros. entertainment company). It took a decade to construct (spanning the 1930s and 40s). It comes complete with 9 acres of Beverly Hills land, a main house, a guest house, a tennis court, a golf course, and terraces.
- In the summer of 2007, Joh Hamm became a household name when Mad Men premiered to critical acclaim and strong ratings. Just over a year and a half later, Ellie Kemper stole America's hearts (and Dwight's and Andy's) when she became the new receptionist on The Office. Before they were famous, Hamm was Kemper's high school drama teacher!
- While attending the Grammys in February 2000, Jennifer Lopez stepped out in a green Versace dress that instantly became a phenomenon. The barely-there ensemble had a dramatically low cut that came below JLo’s belly button. It became such a talking point that it was Google’s most popular search query up to that point, and it spurred the company to include images into search results. It became the motivation for Google Images.
- Paris Hilton not only lives in a mansion, she also built a doghouse mansion for her Chihuahua. It's 300 square feet and includes air conditioning and heating. It comes decked out with designer furniture, a chandelier, a pink paint job, second-floor balcony, and enclosed "yard." It's not enough for you to live in luxury. Your dog must, as well.
- After her role as First Lady came to an end, Jackie Kennedy went into the publishing business. She became an associate editor at Doubleday and worked mostly on autobiographies. In fact, she was one of two original editors for Michael Jackson's 2009 autobiography Moonwalk, a #1 New York Times bestseller.